Spalted Sycamore is a beautiful, even-textured (similar to Maple), and high character wood that has a wide range of color tones. Spalting is a process caused by fungi that changes the grain color of the wood and typically gives it strong black streaks which can be quite striking with a light wood like sycamore. Although spalting is a process of decay, when caught early you can stop the process, maintaining the strength of the wood while acquiring the character that is so coveted.
Live Edge Slab – Spalted Sycamore 72″ x 26″
- Width: 26“
- Length: 72“
- This live edge spalted sycamore slab has a natural stain and is sealed with a catalyzed varnish.
- This would be an excellent slab for a spacious dining table for 6 or a cozy table for 8! There is not a dull spot on this table with its “waves” of character that stretch from end to end.
- We have plenty of table base/leg options available in the store that really help show off the beautiful slab.
- All live edge slabs come with our guarantee that is the best in the industry.
- Come in and speak with one of our guides to see what would work best for you!
Want to talk about it?
If you have some questions about base options, or want to customize this slab in some way, schedule a free consultation and let one of our guides walk you through the process!