Live Edge Slab – Pine 8 – 120″ x 30″
- Width: 30“
- Length: 120“
- This live edge Beetle Kill Pine slab has a natural stain and is sealed with a catalyzed varnish.
- This would be an excellent slab for a long dining table! It has a beautiful flowing edge while maintaining the live edge that captivates each viewer while keeping a great shape for seating. The bulk of the character in this slab comes from its rich heartwood in the middle, balanced scattered knots, and edges that are thickly checkered with blue/gray beetle kill.
- We have plenty of table base/leg options available in the store that really help show off the beautiful slab.
- All live edge slabs come with our guarantee that is the best in the industry.
- Come in and speak with one of our guides to see what would work best for you!
Beetle Kill Pine
While Ponderosa Pine is abundant in North America, Beetle Kill Pine is more unique. Beetle Kill Pine is Ponderosa Pine that has been infected with a fungus carried by the mountain pine beetle. The beetles bore themselves into the wood, lay their eggs, and ultimately suffocate the tree. The fungus slowly turns the wood into different colors, commonly known as “blue stain”. Thankfully the fungus only stains the wood and has no effect on the structural integrity of the wood. While it is unfortunate that these beetles kill the tree, we are glad the trees can still be put to good use!