Beetle Kill Pine
While Ponderosa Pine is abundant in North America, Beetle Kill Pine is more unique. Beetle Kill Pine is Ponderosa Pine that has been infected with a fungus carried by the mountain pine beetle. The beetles bore themselves into the wood, lay their eggs, and ultimately suffocate the tree. The fungus slowly turns the wood into different colors, commonly known as “blue stain”. Thankfully the fungus only stains the wood and has no effect on the structural integrity of the wood. While it is unfortunate that these beetles kill the tree, we are glad the trees can still be put to good use!
Live Edge Slab – Pine 13 – 112″ x 29″
- Width: 29“
- Length: 112“
- This live edge Beetle Kill Pine slab has a natural stain and is sealed with a catalyzed varnish.
- This would be an excellent slab for a long dining table! It has a beautiful live edge that captivates each viewer while keeping a great shape for seating. There is a wide variety of character that runs throughout the heartwood from its streaks to clustered knots, and edges that are lightly checkered with blue/gray beetle kill.
- We have plenty of table base/leg options available in the store that really help show off the beautiful slab.
- All live edge slabs come with our guarantee that is the best in the industry.
- Come in and speak with one of our guides to see what would work best for you!
Want to talk about it?
If you have questions about base options, or want to customize this slab in some way, schedule a free consultation and let one of our guides walk you through the process!